Sunday, February 27, 2011

IF IT AIN’T ONE THANG… IT’S ANOTHER

Living for Christ, in spite of Daily Issues

“No weapon formed against me shall prosper, No Stress, I’m Blessed, I’m Strong”… these are the lyrics of a song entitled “Blessed”, written by Write Twice Enterpraisement; a set of identical twins that rap for Jesus.  It is really an inspiring song with a catchy beat, and it begins with the line “Tell the devil, You Can’t Stop Me!”  Well, I totally agree that the devil can’t stop me… well… the devil can’t stop me, most of the time.
Today, I got the phone call that I had been waiting on: My journey towards weight loss and healthy living is progressing!  I have been planning on having weight loss surgery this year, and the phone call that I received today was the call I was waiting on; to schedule me for my surgery.  On February 28th, I will have weight loss surgery.  
Weighing in at 350 pounds, I have been utterly miserable.  Unable to stand or walk without back pain and knee pain, the weight has not only limited me from attending events but it has stopped me from worshipping the way I really want to.  At 5’5” tall… this weight is in no way, shape, form or fashion a healthy lifestyle for me to live.  Not to mention, the “co-morbidities” or additional health challenges that are associated with this excess weight.  How can I serve the Kingdom of Christ and evangelize to the unsaved, while carrying around THREE-HUNDRED and FIFTY POUNDS?! 
Last Sunday, my Pastor ordained me to be a Deaconess.  What an honor this was!  Standing before the pulpit and facing my congregation, I felt awash with humility, honor and a sense of commitment to press on towards a deeper relationship with Christ.  Standing before the pulpit and facing my congregation, I was also reminded of how difficult it is for me to stand.  The pain that slowly crept up my knees and toward my back almost overwhelmed my silent prayer to myself as my Pastor spoke.  

The list of duties and responsibilities that my Pastor spoke seemed to go on, and on, and on… as the pain became more intense.  “I’ve GOT to get this weight off!” I said to myself… even though I know that I should have been quietly thanking God for this honorable position.  If it ain’t one thang, it’s another.  

If I ain’t thanking God for a blessing, I’m complaining about an ailment.  My knees hurt, my back aches, my blood sugar is over 300, the cpap mask keeps coming off my face at night, my asthma is acting up; I want to praise God through these storms… but the clouds seem to be getting larger every day.  I want to stay focused on ministry and give God all the praise… but if it ain’t one thang… it’s another.  My heart is torn… but I will still praise Him through this storm.
Thank you Father.  Thank you for V108 Gospel Vibe Radio network Founder and CEO Roy Eavins.  Roy saw something special in me and now I am the host of a daily radio show called The Hottest Home Hotspot.  My show airs weekdays from 4-8 pm EST on www.V108GospelVibe.net and features Holy Hip Hop, Christian and Gospel Rap music.  I am on a hiatus from my show now, in order to prepare for surgery.  My show resumes the week of April 4th.  During my hiatus, log onto www.YouTube.com/MyJBNOnline for previews up my upcoming shows.  Each day, I can talk to listeners, crack jokes and testify while I play music.  This is a wonderful honor.  Thank you Father.  
Thank you for the “7 CHOSEN in ’11 Tour “and my business partner Primus “Terry” Greene, Jr.  Each day I get to work on the tour, working in my purpose, planning and promoting.  This tour searches for up and coming singers, dancers and gospel music producers and will be hosted by churches that recognize the need for evangelism.  I am honored to present this event and you can log onto www.TheChosenTour.com for details.
Health, Happiness and Holiness; this is what I want to focus on this week.  Next week could be something else!  It’s always something else… ‘cause if it ain’t one thang, it’s another.
BEE Blessed,

I am
The “Queen BEE” Angie BEE
www.AngieBEE.com
 CHECK OUT THE CHOSEN TOUR
 

No comments:

Post a Comment